2012 captured so much of our imagination in technology that now we are expecting more for this year 2013.
Now we can anticipate techs to be much lighter for mobile and laptops, much bigger for tablets, much faster for internet, more memory for chips, much innovative, and much much more novelties than we can imagine. You name them now; tech companies will devise it tomorrow.
Everything we do, every move we take takes a digital counterpart. We became the digital era, the internet generation. Technology comes but it never goes, it only improves, by the hour.
2012 paved way for tablets and smart phones. The world has been mapped. There is no turning back.
2013: What Tech Savvies can expect
As foreseen, 2013 will be a hub of technology trends. I for one expect much for this year. So let’s see an overview of tech trends this year. Each trend goes with bullets and alliterations for fun.
• Tablets Take Over. As IT stats projected, tablets will get bigger this year. And it will get more audience too. More features and much better interface. There will be a lot of versions too. The cheaper version, the costly version, the high quality version and the low quality version. The truth is, quality is the only choice here. Better quality, better experience. Let’s see it this year.
• Clouds Clout. So it doesn’t mean that cloud you see over your head during a sunny day. It was such a hard term to fully appreciate in layman’s term. Cloud is, according to Wikipedia, a computation, software, data access and storage services. It has been quite a choice for COO’s and CEO’s today. With cloud one can virtualize everything to run an office, synch Ipad to Mac to IPod, store in a private infrastructure or database with security and more. This has been introduced a while back but has been predicted to come out better this year.
• Mobile Mob. Smart phones now grow much faster than our hair. Seems like every month last year we get to see more updated version of our current mobiles and much more newer units that make our year old phone look jurrasic. And for this 2013, the year of the snake, we are expecting more cunning innovations in this field. Aside from the launch of iphone5, we should see the windows phone and watch out for other phone providers too.
• Mobilize and Monopolize. So with everyone going mobile, there is this big internet takeover in mobile browsing. More smart phones means more chances of web access through phones. Thus, there is a bigger market for mobilizing your websites too to meet current mobile needs of users. Mobilizing will get to many web developers and web owners this year because if they don’t, they’ll be taken out of those trending topics.
• Application Army. More of mobile talk. Now, again, with mobile dominance there will be more application demands too. If there will be more application demands, then there will be more app stores out there. And that goes for every mobile platform and os.
• Big-data beat. We’ve heard of 2.0, but 2013 will have it big for the web 3.0. For now, it shifts its focus to enterprises and its information architecture. So this will lead more business orgs out there for some changes. Let’s watch out for its mainstreaming.
• TV Trade. So it’s one tech industry out there that never gets tired of innovations. Trend is, it will keep getting bigger, if not, then better. Gesture and voice sensors gets the best of television now especially with the launch of a certain company’s 56 inch OLED screen. Now you’ll get the picture, in a bigger screen and better features.
• Sensor Stake. So everything gets to sensors. Chances are you’ll detect more or be detected or do less work in the future. These sensors will do the job for you, for personal use or to help you in your business endeavors.
• Education —Extraordinaire. So everyone get education online today. Seems to be education will be the next field internet is targeting. More enrollees get to these online schools, education to get a degree or training. Better stat for it this year.
• Imaging Techniques. So I guess this is where my alliterations fail me. 3D imaging seems to be the future. It is in architecture, security, medicine, manufacturing and entertainment. It is so helpful and keeps its real life application very usable.
• Internet of things. Another alliteration fail. Anyway, IoT will be seen through this 2013. Everything or everything that developers and programmers can touch will get to have internet. Appliances for example.
• Facebook Friendly. Now that everybody’s unto developing network sites, it seems that everybody or every social media wants to get a like in Facebook. They get this cross platform thing that makes your post or content appear in another social media especially Facebook. That’s a better chance of being seen or followed.
• Virtual Network Versatility. So this goes with device continuity too. Having watched a video in your phone and want it in your pc won’t require you to transfer file anymore. This top tech would let you watch it at the same part where you stopped.
• Social Platforms Plans. So there will be more innovative social media to be seen this 2013 that would be a lot different than what we have now. The rise of these content platforms should be watched out for this year. Now the question is, will it rival Facebook or will it reach Pinterest’s growing network? That would be for us to see.
We can always predict trends every year, but there will be those which will took us by storm. Now, which TV or phone or tablet or software will make it? We never know. So the above trends aren’t that complete or as detailed, it’s just an overview. You might want to add something to that minus my attempt for alliterations.
Image credit: Flickr